IIT Delhi has instituted a prestigious Summer Research Fellowship Programme. It provides an opportunity to exceptionally good undergraduate students to execute an innovative research and development project under the guidance of IIT Delhi faculty. The students of different engineering institutes except IITs in India or abroad who are within Top ten ranks in their respective programme/ branch are eligible to apply. Students of IITs are not eligible to apply.
About the Fellowship
The Fellowship work can be done in a period of 8-12 weeks which can be availed of during at the most two visits.
The fellowship will cover the following:
The fellow will register at IIT Delhi as a visiting student; she/he will not be required to pay institute registration fees. The fellow will have to bear the insurance charges. The selected fellow will be required to get himself/herself insured against any eventuality for the period stay at this Institute.
- Cost of travel (Train-Sleeper class) in the country, to and from IIT Delhi.
- Stay at IIT Delhi during the visit(s), including boarding and lodging in the Institute hostels; and
- Fellowship of Rs. 500/- per week.
Any undergraduate student, except student of IITs, who has completed at least 2 years of study towards an engineering degree and is amongst top ten positions in her/his respective programme will be eligible to apply for this fellowship.
How to apply
The online application form is available at the following link:
The applicant will have to upload the following documents while filling the online form:
- Photograph (Jpg format, 200x230 pixels, maximum size 100kb)
- Consolidated Grade Card (Pdf format)
- Rank Certificate (Pdf format)
- No Objection Certificate (Pdf format) from the parent institution stating the starting and ending dates for carrying out full time research work at IIT Delhi under the fellowship programme.
The uploaded documents should be clear and legible, without which the application is liable to be rejected.
The candidates are not required to submit hard copy of the application. However, the selected candidates will have to produce the above original documents at the time of joining.
Online Application Portal will be open until 23rd April, 2021 (17:00 hours).
List of selected Fellows will be displayed by 3rd May, 2021 on the website.
|Fellowship Start Date
Summer work can start after 25th May 2021. Institute vacation periods are available on the website.